Does Laundry get the better of you some days?
My goal in our house is to have enough socks and underwear to keep us all at 3 weeks between laundry visits. Then, when I get to process 7 loads of laundry it is done fast and furious so those big machines can sit around until the next demand comes through!
A recent article from the Peterborough’s Greenzine called Is Energy Efficiency an Oxymoron? pointed out you can get maximum efficiency from a device – when you don’t use it!
- Keep the car at home, not just getting the most fuel efficient!
- Turn the light off, not just buying more fancy bulbs before the old ones burn out.
- Wash the dishes by hand if you can’t fill the dishwasher.
- Clean cloth diapers with other clothes if your routine can handle it.
- Consume less and reuse what you have more seems to be the bottom line.
As we enter a very consumable time around Christmas, let’s see what good deeds we can do for the maximum efficiency, instead of adding to our woes and worries.
A New Year’s Resolution?