Diapers stink. A veteran diaper changer knows how to settle a baby for a quick routine of changing the pad covering their bottom from dirty to clean. But we do tire of it. Diaper fatigue sets in and parents want to know how to get those little bottoms to clean up themselves! Consider cloth.
Cloth diapers have snuck up under the radar of big box merchants as a fantastic cottage industry in the last decade. The products available for cloth diapers and their accessories are numerous. Technology has crept into the cloth diaper industry with amazing variety and results for style and leak protection.
Get to know the who, what, where, and why of cloth diapers for 2012 with 5 great benefits!
- Get to know your baby – count, look, predict
When a baby is brand new, your doctor, doula, or midwife will direct you to count the dirty diapers and feeding times as it is the best tool to communicate how baby is doing. Parents learn to watch for the signals baby gives when they are creating a messy diaper. These signals connect parents with the baby and it can benefit right through to potty training! You can get repaid with less wasteful diaper changes!
- Get to know your community – shop, support, advocate, network
Getting into cloth can help you figure out who sells diapers beyond the grocery store and pharmacy. There are diaper retailers and resellers in every community. When you find someone to talk about cloth diapers with, you start building a support community and seek out others to share with. You can gift, give, ship (termed fluffy mail), and reuse cloth diapers for more than one baby! Encourage other parents to start with reusable swim diapers. You can get repaid with new friends and a new hobby!
- Get to know what you spend – money: build, change, sell your stash, time: with baby/family
Having children can cost a lot of money. In diapers alone, you can spend $2,500 from newborn to potty training for 6,000 disposable diapers*. Let’s take $1000 of that diaper budget and trick your baby out with some great cloth diaper fluff for wash at home! A cloth diaper stash will be made up of about 3 dozen diapers per baby, a pail, tote bags, and lotions. The cost on this can run from $150 to $1000 – with you setting the budget! Get repaid by putting good money into good gear.
- Get to know your laundry machine – detergent, stains, cycles for efficiency
Cloth diaper manufacturers recommend using safer products to wash with which translates to, cleaner machines, and reduced wear & tear on machine. You become a pro at knowing the best routine and when you stick to it you will have great success and enjoy your cloth diapering.
- Get to know healthy options – where does your diaper come from, what fabric works best for baby, what happens to a disposable, what other choices are healthy? Ask these questions and more as a new parent. It helps you learn what is best for baby and translates into other areas of your life – without you hardly noticing! Get repaid – with dividends!
2011 Cloth Diaper Awards Winners Have Been Announced All About Cloth Diapers | Cloth Diaper Answers All About Cloth Diapers
The envelope please….. Ta Da! Click above to see the videos for who the nominees and the winners are for the 2011 Cloth Diaper Awards!
When you seek to find out who is the best in cloth diaper land – you run into a lot of research and a lot of opinions. The process of finding a cloth diaper system which works for you and your baby is unique. Right from HOW you acquire diapers to HOW much you enjoy/hate using them!
See what is available to you, what you like, and what works:
- a friends passes on a basket of her old cloth diapers with prefolds plus covers
- you score a wetbag full of one size diapers at a garage sale
- an ad on kijiji nets you nearly new cloth diapers in the brand you were looking to buy new!
- baby showers and like minded friends team up to gift you a cloth diaper stash which makes you blush!
- after trying out pocket diapers, you become a cloth diaper guru and switch to flat diapers and hand washing
- your husband will only use the diapers which are easy – where you have prepped all the pockets and snapped all the correct snaps so he can’t miss out on a diaper change with baby
Awards for the cloth diaper industry are a fabulous showcase! Consider the nominees as well as the winners had great support from the fans who are parents and caregivers actually using the products they voted for!
Who does your cloth diaper award go to? I think you should take a bow too – you tried cloth as an alternative to disposable. Way to go!
Did you know? Have you seen? A YouTube channel just for Changing Ways Diaper Service!
Since YouTube has become a major search engine online, I have discovered a wealth of information to share with you there!
Subscribe to the channel or just check out some videos and remark on your favourites!